Keyword Research: Be Specific and Be Relevant


A second major point to effectively targeting keywords is to be highly relevant and specific. Here's a good example. I recently wrote a report on a series of weight loss techniques that I had found worked for me (a middle aged man that became scared when I looked in the mirror one day!) and originally tested keywords around "weight loss" and "fat burning".

While I attracted good traffic, conversions were extremely low (less than 1%)However, I noticed that keywords around specific terms like "love handles", "stop love handles", "lose love handles", etc... produced
much higher conversions.


A subtle difference in targeting makes a truly huge difference in results. The same will happen for you in your business. There are 3 ways I like to find the Killer Keywords that produce the best:

  1. Discussion forums: the threads that have the highest read and participation rates generally are clues to keywords that attract interest
  2. Existing top-selling products: not always, but often top selling eBooks or books on Amazon, Click bank, Commission Junction, Junkie, etc. include terms in their title and marketing that provide clues to these killer keywords
  3. Amazon comments: another great place I like to look is at comments against Amazon listings (ebook or tangible products it doesn't matter). They often include language giving insight into the psychology of buyers that you can, in turn, use in your marketing.

Make Sure Your Context Matches What they Expect


Another key point, once you find those "money" keywords, this is also gives you the context for your landing pages. Let's say you test and discover that this keyword phrase "lose more belly fat" is atop traffic generator and converts well too. Then optimizing your landing page with those exact words is very important in improving conversions.

Our minds are contextually organized meaning that if we search with a certain phrase in our mind we are more attentive and interested if we arrive at a page that also includes those keywords or phrases. People arrive looking for what they typed, if they don't see it then they get confused and are less likely to take action. Part 3 will give you all of the information you need on where to use these keywords that you know will get you the targeted traffic you are looking for.



Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

▼

You can also receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By SlashBall Networks

Random Posts

Alexa